Sunday, May 22, 2011

Details

I had a small window of time for me yesterday. In the sunshine. At a park.

I love parks.

Families getting away from home. Responsibilities on hold for a day, embracing the beautiful outdoors.

I met a friend at the park that had stopped and picked up bottles of Dasani. Knowing was a favorite of mine from years ago, a small detail that pleasantly surprised me.

We walked and sat down in a pretty gazebo watching families play and other walk by. We talked about memories from years ago. So many I didn’t remember and couldn’t remember. Details of life that simply have vanished and I don’t know why?

I laughed and said for the umpteenth time in life that I will truly need my friends when I am old because I have forgotten so much. I will be the girl on “50 First Dates” where I wake up and need reminded of the past on a daily basis. I say it jokingly, but there is truth to that.

In the park, a walk down memory lane, details of what I like are revealed.

A person who knows more details of my likes than probably anyone I know. It is caring and paying attention. I am impressed at a very deep level.  

Details are the little things. Particulars paid attention to.

I can’t help but weigh the act of love it is when someone cares to know everything.