Tuesday, August 16, 2022

That Moment

 


We haven't been to the gym since before our engagement vacation in April. Since vacation, every day was filled with wedding planning details on my days off. After our wedding, our days off were packing and planning for our move into our new home. Then it took us weeks to move my full household and his packed-up household. 

I would say... "I cannot wait for our first day when we say, what do you want to do?" Because there will soon be no one thing we have to do. Little moments hit me and I grateful we are finally here.

David LOVES to cook. He orders cookbooks, ponders what he wants to cook next, buys lots of ingredients, and will spend the day in the kitchen cooking from scratch. I came home after an event last weekend to three different kinds of chicken and a hodge podge of grilled vegetables. He's an excellent cook and we eat better at home than ever going out.

It was yesterday evening, the weather comfortable, he was having fun in the kitchen trying new recipes (thank you, God, for this wonderful perk in my husband!!!), when I said we should walk down to the clubhouse and play pickleball. 

I love our home. I love our neighborhood. I love holding hands with my husband as we walk outdoors on a summers evening to play a game together. 

A thought comes to mind over and over... this is "that moment." We made it.