Tuesday, August 2, 2022

My, Mine... Ours

 


Marriage vows are much like the bible, people tend to use a few words put together to their advantage and call it the gospel. 

WE like to remind one another the words of our vows, "... and all my worldly possessions" which transforms the words yours and mine into ours

I haven't had to share in decades. You know the buy what you want, when you want, hang what you want where ever you want. This husband-person I now have has opinions, too. Fortunately for me, my happiness is everything to him and truth be told, he trusts my opinion. 

What I've quickly learned is, if I quickly hang something where I like it, and present it to him in excitement, it removes the opportunity of something else placed there I am not fond of and in busyness we move on to the next item. 

He's so good to me. 

Me, I am learning to work on not saying the words, "my and mine." It's actually habit. He is quick to remind me of our vows.