Monday, September 5, 2022

"pErNoMaL!"


A FaceTime call and I learned little brother wasn't feeling well, so I picked up a fun project to take over to build with the kids and snuggle Rowan. The cardboard ice cream truck was a huge hit! Two packs of crayons (I should have bought three), me and my babies put it together.


Snuggle time with Rowan and when both Rowan and Claire took a nap, Sofia came home with me for the day. 

There are moments with my granddaughter that are so precious, I laugh and want time to slow down. 

I had Sofia for the day and we had endless conversations when she said the sweetest word. She asked me if I like fish and told me she likes to eat fish and her daddy made fish chips when she said, "tHeY wErE pErNoMaL!" I love her use of what she meant to say, phenomenal, which became pernomal. I'm smiling listening to her share and I love her mind at only 5 years old.

Later in the afternoon we were snuggled watching Stuart Little together when she contemplated and asked me, "wHo dO yOu lOvE?" I prattled off a list starting with her. She listened intently and at the end said, "tHaT's a lOt oF pEoPlE." Then, I asked her who she loved. She was very honest, gave it some thought, and I was relieved I was at the top of the list. Some made the list, some didn't. 


She is beautiful, smart, sweet, thoughtful, funny, and kind. My time with her is always treasured. I love to listen to her heart, I love when she snuggles up to me to relax and watch a movie, I love watching her laugh in delight. What joy she is!