Saturday, September 28, 2019

Grinny


When you become a grandparent, it absolutely goes through your mind what name you want to be called. My girls still call me Momma (Mariah) and Mama (Brooke), so I chose Grandmomma for Sofia, my 1st grandchild.

That's not how it works and honestly, I wouldn't want it any other way!

Sofia has her own names she chooses and those names coming from her are magical. My name from her also changes on a regular basis and that is funny, too.

I started off as Ma. Then came MomMom, Momma, Mommy, and now I am Grinny.

Pretty sure I do not know another soul named Grinny and I love that.

My Sofia is as independent as they come. She marches to the beat of her own drum and others do not phase her. I almost believe other children are light entertainment for her to look at for a minute, play with for a hot second, then she does her own thing.

We were outside playing, picking wild flowers and putting them in our hair, playing with sticks, finding acorns and rolling them down the hill. She did something and I said, "Hi five!" She quickly gave me a high five and said, "Cool, Grinny!" Then she immediately fist-bumped me. I didn't expect that and someone must do this with her that she initiated it. I'm guessing her daddy.

Breathtaking and beautiful, she is fierce determination meets lights up with orneriness and laughter.

I love that her and I are best friends.

Little brother is getting so big!

Rowan & Jeremy (my son-in-law)

He is as sweet, smiling, happy and passive as Sofia is determined. Reminds me of my brother and I when we were little. He is such a handsome little boy ready to laugh and tries to talk quite a bit.

What a blessing to have one of each.