Sunday, October 1, 2017

Only God

It's been a rough year that has transitioned from broken pieces to pieces of a puzzle.

E v e r y t h i n g was broken for most of 2017 and I believe you learn the most about yourself when you go through a storm far more than when life is blessed. Your true character and integrity is ultimately revealed. 

How do you respond when life falls apart? It matters. 

Looking back, I can see how all of the broken pieces are pieces to a puzzle. How each one of them had to happen and how they have me where I am today. 

There are absolutely blessings in storms. 

A most perfect storm that was intended to be catastrophic, wasn't. There are many things that I was ready to do that quite honestly, God did not let happen. It's a take you to the end of yourself and God says, "No, you may not destroy her." 

Everything intact.

Needed rest. 

Time off work, then a four day work week that I've always wanted to have. Time. 

Time to heal.

    Time refresh.

        Time for outdoors.

            Time for summer. 

                Time to learn new things.

                    Time for my daughters.
     
                         Time for my granddaughter.

I can see from this side, the broken pieces that had to happen for me to be where I am today.

I'm not sure if I heard something or read something, but it was, "What if God called you away, would you go?" 

Talk about life interruption. We know the story of Jonah, living a good life and God called him to go to Nineveh. Good grief, what if God called you to go to North Korea? Jonah ran and we are all like, you cannot run from God! Duh

But, what if ... God called you away to something different? Would you go? 

I answered an honest in my mind, "Yes." 

Don't you know, it wasn't two days later I got a call.

Really?!

God, out of A L L my prayers, that's the one You heard?

Broken pieces turned to pieces of a puzzle and an unexpected life shift. 

Broken pieces to blessings. 

Only God.