Sunday, May 22, 2016

Prayer

Each month in the Meal Ministry, the last week of each month, I select a focus-topic and dedicate the whole week of devotions to it to drive home importance and teach others they are called to action.

What I have especially learned over the last several years is that when I am ready for break-through with anything above the normal an invisible target is on my back. I fully believe it is a target to unravel and take me off course.

Anger, bitterness, resentfulness, ready for war becomes my attitude.

Then, a still small voice reminds me that person(s) isn't the real enemy.

When life becomes ridiculous with too many annoying situations happening at once, because if Satan wants to defeat you, he has to pull our several "unraveling" situations. One situation at a time is typical life.

This weeks focus topic in the Meal Ministry is prayer.

"Prayer is the portal that brings the power from heaven down 
to earthIt is kryptonite to the enemy and to all his ploys 
against you.
                                                                                                       - Fervent

"Despite what we may or may not understand about prayer, God has deliberately chosen this particular vehicle as the one that drives His activity in people's lives," Priscilla Shirer shares in her "must-have" book Fervent. 

I've been studying books on prayer, my office/prayer poom has become a new part of my home that I find peace in, and last week I participated in my first-ever, full hour of just prayer with a small group of community leaders I meet with weekly.

I was curious and apprehensive a full hour of praying with others. I knew God's presence would be powerful. I knew if I needed specific prayers, this would be the most powerful time.

What I didn't anticipate was the prayers, the ones I always request faithfully, wasn't what I asked for when it came time for me to make a personal ask. 

"I want ... I need ... and please ..." suddenly in a raw moment of prayer directly connected with God, in a holy moment, other priorities in my life became more real and my asks became far different than my daily pleas. 

I was surprised! 

If you were truly in the presence of God, the small things fall away and if you were truly to ask for something, anything, you may surprise yourself, too.  

One special request that wasn't even spoken out loud, but I slid up while others were praying came to fruition only days later! What I couldn't do, God handled and handled it so fast and through an unlikely source that I was laughingly impressed and gave God a, "Well done!" 

There comes a moment after prayer when you know that God has answered your prayer and you know your hearts desires are in the almighty hands of God. 

Life happens. Satan's personal attacks in the invisible realm will happen when he knows that I am about to teach hundreds of people the power of prayer this week, his kryptonite.

Often, I have to regroup when all seems to be going wrong, dig deep into prayer connecting to God, then I say out loud to my attacker, "This is going to happen regardless of the bulls-eye you've put on my back ..."

Prayer Partners. 

A prayer room at the rescue mission.

A prayer request page.

A God-focused topic dedicated for a full week each month to hundreds of hurting people.

A prayer room in my home.

The topic of prayer, this week, is going to happen.