Tuesday, April 9, 2024

He Thinks Of Me

 


Storm clouds were rolling in and I made a cup of coffee and went outside to sit on the front porch. I can hear the thunder in the distance, and I found it a perfect way to end my day.

Admiring my tulips in bloom I glance at the spot in the flower bed where flowers lived last summer from my grandson, Rowan. He thought of me at the store and insisted he buy me flowers. I was careful to point out all summer when he would come over how healthy and well, they were doing and how much I loved them.

Smiling at this memory, it hit me how much he thinks of me. 

On FaceTime calls when they were in Florida for 7-weeks, he took the phone and showed me all over the house and outside wanting to spend time talking. I love hearing his thoughts and what's important to his heart. 

He colored me this photo and brought it to me on Sunday.

When he was here on Sunday, as they were leaving, he looked and pointed that the flowers he had bought me are no longer there. I will find the same kind of flower and plant some this year, so he notices them every time he comes over.

I love him and I love so much that he thinks of me. 

He is such a handsome little boy! I love his adventurous spirit, his love of all things outdoors and pure boy behaviors, and I love his tenderness when Amelia was a newborn. His beautiful icy blue eyes and the way his face lights up when he is excited telling me something, and his quiet shyness when he's being shy around others and keeps close by my side. 

He's patient and never seems to mind when I kiss his sweet little cheeks and the top of his soft blond little head. 

He is such a joy, such a blessing! They all are.