Friday, April 5, 2024

Grammy's Snack Shack

 


My memories of walking into my Mimi's house as a little girl was walking through the sliding glass doors, her in her chair telling us there's pop in the frig and cookies in the cookie jar. That metal cookie jar was always filled with some yummy cookies, we assumed was there just for us.

My grandbabies walk through the door and get swooped up with hugs and kisses and they go in three directions: up the stairs to the grandkids bedroom/playroom, pull out the bottom freezer drawer, or the pantry.

The bottom drawer freezer is ideal for grandbabies and honestly, I'd have it no other way. They know that there is a drawer inside the freezer full of treats for them! Ice cream bars, Uncrustables, sausage/pancake sticks, popsicles, ice cream, etc. They have ease of access to get to it and I love their beloved familiarity. 

Then, there is Grammy's Snack Shack nestled away in their own section of my pantry, is a basket filled with different kinds of treats, with the walls surrounding the basket covered with their artwork. 

I love their excitement and I love that they know where everything is, that they can help themselves.

Yes, when they arrive, they act like they haven't eaten all day, to which my daughter always swears they have. I laugh because I know all too well! 

I get so much joy finding something yummy I can put in their basket, excited to see their surprise. 

In my home, they get loads of snuggles and kisses, and sweets. 

It's the beauty of being a Grammy.