Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Intermittent Fasting

 


January 22nd, I began intermittent fasting. Starting at 16/8 the first couple of days, let's be honest, I thought I was going to eat my shoe! It was the 3rd day I was busy at work and slipped into and 18/6 hour fast by accident and I realized I was okay. Thus, began my 18/6 fasting.

Within one month I lost I think it was 8 lbs. and 1-1/2" around my waist. What I found interesting as I read about the endless benefits of fasting, I found another amazing result is my allergies cleared up!!

I always thought I had seasonal allergies, that turned into year-round allergies. I now know I have food related allergies with fasting and eating clean (very little starches or sugar) completely clears me up. 

Now, if I eat heavy starches or sweets, my body reacts pretty strongly. 

I feel great!! David and I do this together, which makes me more successful. I have the Zero app that tracks my fasting times, because I like the daily green check mark when I've successfully completed a fast daily. It tracks my daily success rates, too.

Here's the thing, when I cannot go 18/6 and fall short at 16/8, I'm still doing fantastic and far better than a regular eating schedule. Out of the last 2 months, there are only 7 days I fell short. I won't beat myself up about that. 

Intermittent fasting also strengthens your immune system. David has been really sick with a fever for a 3-days and extreme multi-symptoms for over a week. I never got sick at all. I had a slight sore throat for a couple days, but that fact that I didn't get sick is nothing short of a miracle. 

I am seeing and feeling the benefits and super grateful for our healthy lifestyle.