Monday, June 28, 2021

A Sultry Summer Night

 


The air is hot and humid, it's a sultry summer night. In it's stillness, a faint breeze is welcomed. The sounds of dogs barking in the distance and birds singing echo in the thick summer air. It's the end of June and I wonder where the month went. A perfect time to reflect what I enjoy most during summer and making time to enjoy them. 

A warm summer night, really good live music, a community festival, and fireworks made for a magical evening out and about filled with affections with David. 

Paddle boarding on the lake, ordering dinner out, and lazing the afternoon away in the pool with Mariah was unrushed and relaxing. 

And, that perfect moment when I slid on the seat of my bike and hit the towpath. The sounds of nature, chipmunks, bullfrogs, birds, squirrels, and turtles... just another day in their habitat and I took in every sight and sound, breathing in a hot summer day. 

I stopped in the quaint historical town at the ice cream stand, because it's summer and ice cream cones + bike rides means it's summer. The air was 93 degrees and my Raspberry Sorbet in it's icy freshness was the perfect touch. 

Oh summer, how I love thee.