Monday, July 15, 2019

That Desperate Run


They were at the ball field for the championship games when the call came, Mariah saying they were down players and they needed for her to sub, can I come watch the babies? 

"Sure, what time do you need me there? I asked. "Right now," she laughed.

I parked at the ball field and as I was walking up to find their team, I heard Mariah say, "Sofia, look there's Grammy!" I see my sweet baby see the direction I was coming in and she broke into a run, running so fast and desperate, I always say a quick prayer she doesn't fall down. 

I am a sucker for Military Homecomings. There is something so powerful in the emotions of love, missing and surprise that create a crescendo where people rejoice in laughter and tears. Me, too, I am a wreck!

That's the way my beautiful and perfect granddaughter responds when she sees me and my heart falls in love over and over and over. That desperate run is the best!

I love these years that I can pick her squishy, chubby body up and she snuggles in to be close. There simply are not enough hugs and kisses that will ever make me feel like there, that is enough. 

This happy little photo is when I stopped by and brought her mint chocolate chip ice cream. Nothing says happiness like climbing on the table and being allowed to just dig in and enjoy!


My handsome little Rowan, I love my snuggle time with him and he is happy as long as he is being snuggled. He doesn't mind in a bit that I kiss his little face constantly, as long as he is being held.

Mariah & Jeremy ended up playing a double-header and won the championship the 2nd year in a row.

I'm excited for Fall Ball, when Sunday afternoons will be at the ball field loving on my babies.