Monday, July 8, 2019

A Kiss

 

A kiss means nothing, until you kiss who deeply love. Then, it means I love you. I really, really, deeply love you in a way that words are not enough.

I kiss them because I love them and I kiss them because they are mine. 

My beautiful and perfect little descendants.  



Rowan is 1 month old already. His eyes icy blue, he looks like his daddy and Sofia. He's such a handsome little boy and it's still surreal I have two grand babies and a grandson with such blue, blue eyes.

Less than a month now, I will be moved into my new condo after a couple of weeks of home renovations before I love in. What a year of transition this has been. Many major life changes: selling our family home, Brooke graduating from high school, a new job, becoming an empty nester, planning Brooke's upcoming wedding, a new grandson, buying a new home and establishing roots again in a community I love. 

My job is thriving and in all things in my wheelhouse with event planning, I just hosted our 1st Annual 5K which was far better than I ever hoped. New and different kinds of events can feel very uncertain and I reflect back decades of being in positions of throwing my hand in the air taking on every opportunity with grand confidence (inside I am like, why on earth do I keep doing this?!), thinking through unknown details, working my butt off and amazed time and time again what I've accomplished. I still do this and I still think "what the heck?!" 

Weddings are my biggest work responsibility. This is a significant day in the lives of those I work with. Yes, I get nice tips, but today's fresh flowers and a handwritten card from Saturday's wedding means so much. 


I have fun conversations with handfuls of brides all the time. Details, details, details. I make it fun, I make it easy and take the stress out of what can be a stressful planning process. 

Life has been so incredibly busy and it's also been showered in blessings. God sprinkles it with the ones the love the most. 

I can say I love you to many people that I genuinely care about, but there is something about a kiss that says, "I love you and you are mine."