Tuesday, July 23, 2019

A Rough Week


A dear friend said to me, "Look at the bright side, bad things happen in 3's." 

1.  Someone tried to break in my apartment last week. After I left for work during the daytime, someone tried to pry my door open. Thankfully, for the dead bolt, access was denied. 

For days I was sensitive to loud noises jumping up wondering if someone was trying to break into the neighbors. My door reinforced, I'm not as paranoid anymore.

2.  In three days is my birthday and I close on my condo. I find out the HOA is in extreme deficit financially and not only are they increasing HOA fee's next month by $95, they are looking at an additional $700K of improvements for 22 condo's = $30K in addition each. The bank won't touch this and with movers lined up, a large deposit on new flooring going in, with renovations in place, I officially lost my condo today.

Logically, I was spared significant financial loss. Emotionally, I was beside myself disappointed. 

But wait! There's a 3rd ...

3.  I go down to the clubhouse in my apartment community to inform the property manager that my condo fell through and I will be staying and going month-to-month. Nope! They have a new tenant ready to move in August 17th.

Yes, there were tears of frustration. 

Find the positive. Instead of moving into my condo oasis, I will be putting my things in storage and moving into my parents home. 

This is definitely going to alter chapter #49 in my life. 

Moving back to the community that I love, still closer to my girls & grand babies, I will be able to stockpile $$$$$ and I know this will jolt me out of my lifestyle of solitude being on the constant run not used to sharing space. It's been a good place to refresh after a decade of being a single momma turned empty nester, I've sat still too long.

While this last week as super sucked, I am resilient. Like a favorite Netflix series, life provides unexpected twists and curve balls. This last year has been a wonderful season of rest, quiet and solitude, but it's time to put on my big girl panties (not to be confused with granny panties! ha ha) and make the most of chapter #49. 

I have a few plans to make things as enjoyable as possible. 

Plus, I now have a cook, a housekeeper, a butler, let's hope they do laundry too! ha ha