Saturday, April 28, 2018

My Home is for Sale!

Hello world wide web, I've missed you!

Life is moving fast and I am multi-tasking at an incredible pace while keeping my balance.

I listed my home for sale.

It was an unexpected drive-by that caught my attention, a conversation with Brooke as my plan was to list my home after she graduated, that turned into her excited and saying, "Let's do it now!"

Sunday I wrote the description and took photos of my home. Monday it went live on the MLS at 10:00 a.m. and by Tuesday evening I already had 12 private tours of my home. Whew!! Unexpected!

It's been 1-1/2 weeks and I've only had one day with no home tour. That was because a couple asked to see my home Wednesday evening and I said, "No Wednesday evenings, that's my one no for the week because I have my Sofia."

My home is kept incredibly tidy on a normal basis. It's easier to pick up after myself right away. To keep my home tour-ready is slightly another level.

I found a fabulous apartment! While life is at such a transition, I want as much freedom as possible and the luxury of unexpected bells & whistles while not laying roots down before I am ready.

Vaulted ceilings, the open kitchen/dining room/living room airy layout I most want, a Sandals resort-style pool with a tiki bar and grills, a clubhouse with a movie theater, grand room, state of the art fitness center, and FREE 24/7 Starbuck's coffee calls my name. It was an unexpected "AHA!" moment that shifted this next phase of my life.

It is the crescendo to being a single mom for 20+ years, working hard to provide a good home for them and my youngest, Brooke, graduating in weeks.

In between home tours, I've left no stone unturned. To exhaust my options, I've toured other homes, condos and apartments and I come back to I'm not ready nor do I want to establish roots with the purchase of another home. I'm thinking a vacation lifestyle for the next year or two.

This has all been in the last couple of weeks.

Prom is next weekend for Brooke. Her dress and new hair color and style, done. Then it's Mother's Day. May 16th is her last day of school. A 3-day Memorial Day weekend, then she walks in graduation on May 29th.

Blink. Blink.

Brooke and Alex are checking out an apartment Monday. Brooke is on the hunt for their first apartment together. Between what Alex has, what I am giving them as well as my mom & dad, they are already set up with furniture and their starters until they are on their feet and buy their own.

From me, she has furniture, all my dishes, pots & pans, utensils, and towels. Momma's buyin' new! I will help her move, set her up, and exhale.

With a really nice nest egg from the selling of my home, I am going to step into a luxury, vacationesque lifestyle of no roots, openness and travel.

I can walk to work, it's that close, and the best ever is an Aldi's is being built next door!

Showers of blessings and while biblical, this is what comes to mind ...


Perhaps this is the blessing for being a single mom so long. Being a momma and now a grandmomma is my greatest joy! This transition in life is a blessing. God already knew I needed this window of time, I just didn't expect all the special touches. 

May is going to be a blur, but I'm ready!