Thursday, November 10, 2016

No Time for Passive Prayer

What a week.

      Time change.

           Brooke's birthday.

               The Presidential Election.

I couldn't stop watching the television Tuesday night as America state-by-state was lighting up red. Evangelicals voting for their beliefs and I just couldn't stay awake any longer due to being up at 4:45 a.m. that morning and needing to be up at 5:00 a.m. again.

For days devotions were shared that regardless of the election, God is still in control. That is what I had to cling to as I was convinced Crooked Hillary could potentially win. Not able to stay awake any longer I went to bed with hope. Hope the final states would push Trump to President of the United States.

Then I prayed.

Not the "God, I know you are still in control regardless" passive prayer, it was time for fervent prayer.

God, we need your help.        We are a country founded on Christian beliefs and look at Christians across this country voting/fighting to keep this country safe.      Give us time.       Allow America to heal.        For my girls and my future grandchildren.       I'm not ready for this to be the beginning of the end.      Give Donald Trump an opportunity to protect our country, protect millions of unborn lives from being murdered in and coming out of the womb.        Give him a chance to revive all the ground we have lost.      She is a murderer.         Hear the prayers of millions of Christians uniting together.       Please give us time. A few more years of hope and healing.         Forgive our country for all its foolishness and entitlements.         Protect us from ignorance and division.        Republicans and Evangelicals are lighting America up red. Hear our prayers.      Please put an end to her.     You are in control.      For the millions of unborn babies, please protect our country. 

I woke up shortly after 3:00 a.m. unable to stay asleep worried about the election and I saw it. Donald Trump was elected President of the United States.

Thank you, God.

Hope.

Pride in America.

We did it!

Coffee, Advil and the excitement of adrenaline, I wanted to stay glued to the television all day to watch the highlights. See the rejoicing. See her defeat. I want to watch every step of the way.

All day prayers of thanks and hope has gone to a holy God. Thank you, Lord.