Saturday, September 5, 2015

"Looks Like a Celebrity!"

Brooke and I were walking into her doctors office when her physician said to me, "My gosh, you are so incredibly gorgeous!"

That's always nice to hear and I graciously thank her.

As we sit down in her office she asks Brooke, "Does that embarrass you to hear your mom is beautiful and looks like a celebrity?"

Brooke shakes her head and says, "No, I hear it everywhere we go."

Both of my girls are proud of me and they request I wear certain things to their special events or functions because they like that reaction. I am happy they are proud.

I never want my girls to feel less than. I see their expressions on their faces when boys their age and up notice me and not them. They realize it and one day ... when they come into their own as a woman with experience and confidence like a perfume they put off will be noticed across any room.

I just turned 45 years old and I confess it is still wonderful to hear and every year that passes I wonder when my best years will be behind me.

Perhaps it's not in the caring that removes any desperation of want that becomes a confident woman put together on a mission.