Sunday, April 26, 2015

An "Off" Evening

Once in a blue moon an "off" evening happens.

Work done, yard mowed, his stomach growling (it was 4:00 p.m. and he hadn't had lunch) and neither of us had an opinion of what to do for dinner.

No food in the fridge, we did have hamburgers. Nothing to go with it, we would have to have unhealthy mac & cheese [Frustration is easing in].

David on the grill, because we always cook dinner together, he came in to inform me we were out of propane.

Dinner at a halt, new propane tank bought. Plus, two new ice teas to sample. We like to get different flavors to split for tasting sake.

The grill is going, the mac & cheese in boiling water ... I realize there is no milk. Dump the mac & cheese in the trash.

After sampling the two new iced tea's, we agreed we didn't like either.

I found an apple and a banana. Chopped up, add raisins, splash with cinnamon and add honey, we have a yummy and healthy side dish.

As we plate up our food, realization hits us that the hamburger buns have mold on them [I can feel my resolve start to meltdown].

Flatbread hamburger buns, fresh fruit cups, carrots w/ranch dressing, dinner was pulled off and actually pretty yummy. Then, I realized I forgot the pepperjack cheese.

Finally full and satisfied, the big question was do we stay home or get out and do something?

Both of us were indecisive, which is a rarity.

We decided to go to a local winery and relax.

Driving across town, the winery has no sitting room.

Of course, this was the theme of our evening. I gave David options of two other wineries, to which he replied, he would rather buy a bottle of wine and us go home then run into further roadblocks that would make him feel how I felt trying to make dinner.

That is what we did.

Of course we came to a complete stop on the highway driving home. An accident had us in a sea of red brake lights in bumper to bumper traffic. I said to get in the left lane, because it was the only lane moving, he did against his better judgment. The right lane had the truckers. Who knew truckers had radio communications on the best lane to be in? Yep, the accident was in the left lane and we did have to merge.

A bottle of wine home, we turned on Netflix, laughed at a stupid show when I looked over at him with his eyes closed and realized everything was perfect.

In an "off" evening for both of us, being home together was perfect. Laughing with him over all things ridiculous was perfect. Looking at him with his head back against the couch and his eyes closed I just look at him, he is perfect.

He is so handsome and I love him so much.

I leaned over, kissed his lips a couple of times, simply because I do countless times a day.

In an "off" day for both of us, there is no place else I would rather be.