Wednesday, May 24, 2023

"There's My Morning Glory!"

 


Every morning I wake up and come downstairs, my husband greets me with a warm and enthusiastic, "There's my morning glory!" I confess, I don't often feel like a morning glory before a cup of coffee!

He is bounding with energy and happiness when he wakes up, usually around 4:00 a.m. and goes downstairs to stretch and workout. Me, I'm more of a 5:45 a.m. girl every day. It's our morning routine. 

Next week my husband retires from the Sheriff's Office. What a milestone in life and what a fantastic career he has had!! He's retiring from the Sheriff's Office and hired on with the US Marshals. 

Preparations are underway for his retirement celebration.

He is admired, loved, and respected by so many in his profession. These last couple of weeks have been bittersweet. So many conversations, emotions, and reflection. 

Plans are in place, good thing his wife is an Events Director! I've got a few surprises for him.

If I am a morning glory, he is truly the sun that shines on everyone.