Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Blessed Beyond Measure

 


My life is a blur of spinning wedding details in my head, busy event season, and embracing the sunshine with every free moment. What a fabulous season in life it is!

I don't know how brides plan their wedding 1-2 years out, I simply cannot wait and thank goodness we are only weeks away! 

There have been so many wonderful events from asking my dad to walk me down the aisle, he said it was his second favorite day in life. The first being the day I was born. It was a beautiful moment between him and me. 

Wedding band shopping with David was such a thrill. It was sunny and hot outside and as we went from jeweler to jeweler, we stopped for a cold drink and a giant triple chocolate chip cookie. I love that simplicity enhanced the fun we had. He knew exactly what ring he wanted and I love it, too!

Plans for a Bachelor/Bachelorette party at Put-in-Bay is absolutely perfect! A large group going up and in addition to my daughters, son-in-laws, and grandchildren, I love that not only do I get three beautiful stepdaughters, a step son, and two step granddaughters, but I get two wonderful step son-in-laws that I adore. How blessed we are! 

Some may find it odd, but I love David's ex-wife, Kelly. We became fast friends. I asked her to go to our Bachelor/Bachelorette party, too, and she said that her & Tom and her mom & dad are all hoping to get invited to our wedding. When I say one big happy family, we are! I adore Jim & Sharon and they've all open-armed welcomed me in their family and we do a lot of family activities together. 

In the midst of everything wonderful, I value the peace and quiet of my alone time in a week day off. It always brings me balance when there is so much going on. My home quiet, windows open, the sounds of the birds chirping, and the sun shining.

I am blessed beyond measure and my heart is grateful.