Thursday, January 6, 2022

FaceTime Faux Pas

 


Does any good story ever start off with, First of all...? This one does!

First of all, David & I seldom FaceTime. We text, we call, we email, but we are together when we are not working, so we don't FaceTime.

I think I wanted to share something with him and I like to read his expression, so I FaceTime'd him. To add to the fun, I put the camera down my shirt so when he answered, he was caught off guard and surprised...

When I didn't hear his immediate joy and jubilation, I pulled the camera out but it wasn't David's face I was looking at on camera. It was a gentleman in his office and clearly David thought he was going to surprise me! I started laughing, this poor guy started laughing is butt off! Of course it wasn't any of the guys I know from the Sheriff's Office!! David grabs the phone oblivious to what just happened and started talking to me.

"Babe! Babe! [David is talking away...] DAVID! Do you know what just happened?" I explained it and realization hit him. He introduced me to the Deputy over Narcotics. We laughingly said hello and I apologized at his visual. It was all really funny.

I never did share with him why I really called, I will save that for tonight. 

We do collect funny memories!