Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Silver Linings

One of my most treasured relationships is horribly broken. Lines have been invisibly drawn as hurting hearts wage war against one another and hope lies trampled underneath hurled insults and accusations.

Then, something significant happens and it is that very relationship that doesn't miss a beat and he assumes his role as a rock in my life when my own strength and logic escapes me.

Love is ... him stepping up and jumping in when I need help. Walking in the door of my home a bit nervous, knowing that everything should feel significantly different, but nothing has changed.

I've desperately missed him.

He is wearing my favorite sweater that we picked out together years ago. Cleaned up and looking the very way I imagine him in my mind when I am missing him most.

Love is ... knowing everything is and should feel different, but it isn't.

Love is ... seeing a beautiful silver lining painted on the canvas of the sky this evening and knowing Whom to thank.

Silver linings are often felt in unseen blessings during a storm.

Tonight the silver lining painted in the sky belonged to me.

He knew I needed it.

It was a visibile gift from a holy God.

I saw it and thank you.