Wednesday, September 11, 2024

A Bridgerton Sprinkle

 


Over and over, I think I am done with this Blog, but new seasons and life in general swirl around and I find myself contemplating, perhaps maybe it isn't time to stop, just yet. 

My 5th grandbaby is almost here. In celebration of all my grandbabies an event simply had to happen! It's Mariah's 4th baby and we are less than one month from the grand arrival. 

What started off as a girlfriend get together turned into a Bridgerton-theme Sprinkle. Lady Whistledown did indeed make her presence known from the letter of invitation, another arriving to build anticipation a week prior the celebration, and lastly, at the end of the evening the last letter arrived... "Dearest Gentle Reader..."

It was fun to channel my inner Lady Whistledown and host a party with the grace of Regency-era England in florals, music, and the proper spread of cucumber sandwiches, cakes, jams, and other tasty nibbles and a host of mocktails to choose from. 

There was indeed excitement in the air!

My 5th grandbaby, I am so incredibly blessed!

My Sofia is 7, Rowan is 5, Claire is 3, and Amelia is 1-1/2 years old. I love my relationship with each of them and I love that "date days" with me are still wildly cherished.

We don't know what this next baby with be. A boy or a girl, its name, who it resembles, its little heart, loves and interests. I can tell you this, gentle reader, my phone will stay close to me waiting that magical phone call my little girl is in labor.