Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Easter Dinner

 


We hosted Easter dinner in our home with an Easter basket for Amelia and an outdoor Easter egg hunt that led to Easter presents for Sofia, Rowan, and Claire. 

The kids were excited walking in the house shouting they saw Easter eggs outside!!! I had three empty baskets for them to choose a color to grab and run around collecting eggs. On the back porch was their presents with frilly bows. A sit-and-spin (one of my favorite toys when I was young), a seat on wheels they can ride around the house, Seek & Find cards for outdoor scavenger hunts, and a giant bottle of bubbles from Great Grammy (Gigi). 

Having my grandbabies together was wonderful to watch. Amelia sitting in her bouncy seat with the kids gathered around her quiet as to not startle or scare her. They would gentle touch her hair and watch her. Me, it's as if I've blinked in life and I have four grandbabies. 

The sun was shining, the food delicious, and yummy desserts. Lots of conversations going at once and little ones eating their special ice cream in their new ice cream cups and playing with their toys. 

Most visits end WWE with Papa David. David is swift and quick, and the kids love full on wrestle mania with him until they are flushed and overheated. 

Claire-bear is the quiet one. She likes to get into the pantry into napkins and cups, changes the channels on the television, and at the end of the day, I had to delete over 70 videos and photos she took with my phone. For the most part, I had no idea she even had it. She's quiet, smiles sweetly, and is unapologetically her. I love their unique personalities. 


It was a beautiful day for an Easter celebration.