Thursday, September 9, 2021

Lost in the Dream of Us

 


I couldn't imagine not experiencing the four seasons. Do you know what's better than a fun, hot and sultry summer? The sunshine of September with cooler air, when windows can be kept open and although it's beginning to get dark earlier, it means slowing down some, and get ready for the trees to burst into autumn color. 

Yesterday evening we bought a bottle of wine, grabbed two glasses and went to sit down by the water. The sun was bright and warm and as it began to set, it was perfect out. I'm so glad we went. 

He is my best friend. Our journey getting to know one another has really been at a beautiful pace and there is something so peaceful falling in love with the right person. He is everything to me, yet he is more than I had hoped for. I love him, I am in love with him, and he's my best friend. 

There is something powerful when two hearts can trust one another and I trust him with everything I am and have. Holding his hand and sharing my heart in a safe place of always love and respect, I don't take that for granted. He is kind and caring, he is romantic and funny, he has a true warriors heart. Yet, he sings my love languages and always makes me feel beautiful and well loved. I love life with him and I am better with him. I was happy before him, now my cup overflows because he fills that special place in my heart where he was meant to be. 

The windows are open and the cool air is a welcome relief on a quiet September evening. 

Me, I am lost in the dream of us.