Friday, July 27, 2018

#spoiled

What a fun night at the country club! Tonight I had a wedding rehearsal for an outdoor wedding on the golf course tomorrow with a formal dinner reception, open bar, and dancing for 210 guests.

The wedding party was a lot of fun and I quickly found myself in our sunken bar making mixed drinks. Note: I've never mixed drinks, but learned quickly. It's easier than I thought.

I had a few minutes and took some photos for you to see of one of three banquet rooms we have at one our two country clubs. I love this room for its view of the golf course, the large fireplace that is open to both sides, the giant sunken bar beside the dance floor to the formal dining. It really is a fabulous space.


They are starting to gather for the wedding rehearsal. Golf course weddings are beautiful.





The evening was full of excitement and energy and as I am saying my goodbyes and looking at our chef's photos of wedding cakes he does (much like my sister-in-laws) as well as the ice sculptures he's created, truly he is an artist.

He asks if I have had dinner. I hadn't even though I have access to anything I'd like to help myself to. He insists on preparing me something and asks if I like salmon and to give him 10 minutes.

Voila!


Cooked to perfection! There is a sauce on it, I have to ask him what it is, it was amazing. #spoiled

Tomorrow is a busy day of a tour through both country clubs for a bride to be, a golf outing in the afternoon, then the wedding/reception and a simultaneous graduation party. 

The air will be electric in the energy of celebration, the display of food picturesque, and a kitchen and staff in their mode of focus executing a beautiful production. 

Me, I get the best of it being present, observing and ensuring all is well.