Monday, July 18, 2016

Paddle Boarding

I was sitting in an oceanesque, seafood restaurant on Carolina Beach, NC, five years ago when I saw in the canal that ran along one side of the beautiful island a person paddling on a surf board.

It wasn't a surfboard; rather, a paddle board and I was mesmerized.

Tranquil and calm, I have wanted to try this sport for five years ...


... and added it to my summer 2016 things to do list.


I loved it! 

Prepared to go under a few times getting my balance, I learned I have very good balance and didn't go under once.

It was peaceful and calm gliding on the water. 

Quiet. I enjoyed the quiet.

Things I never considered were: I could sit and paddle, much like a kayak and I laid flat on my back floating in the sunshine.

A leisurely day on the water, unrushed. 

It was far better than I imagined.